Sunday, January 29, 2017

Blue Jay

Winter is here and many of the birds have left (like quite a few of the retired couples who meander down to Florida for a few months... snow birds that they are). My bird feeders still have regular visitors, most of which are chickadees. But I do get the occasional blue jay. I think it takes a hardy bird to stay around here all winter. Below is a painting I did of a blue jay sitting on a berry bush.


This was painted on a stretch canvas. I used regular masking tape around the perimeter to give it a frame once the painting was done. Simply peel off the tape after the painting is complete and the remaining white canvas serves as the frame. These are so light they simply can be hung on the wall on a single pushpin tack. It makes it easy to change the painting as the seasons change.

No comments:

Post a Comment