Sunday, October 1, 2017

Autumn Buck

As autumn comes into season, so do the bucks around our area. The velvet from their antlers comes off to leave behind the bare antler. Bow hunting season has already started up here. Muzzle loader will follow and then the regular rifle season. It's a time to stay out of the woods. If I do venture on a hike, I'll make sure to wear bright orange. I'm not a hunter myself. I certainly like to see deer in the woods and fields though. It's always a thrill to come upon one while out hiking.

My painting for today is a buck drinking from a small lake. I added a slight ripple from where the buck is drinking, to give a little sense of movement. The trees are full and blazing the fall colors. This was done on an 11x14 stretched canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment